Franchising has become one of the fastest growing business models globally.
Faced with diverse commercial, legal and regulatory challenges, franchisors require commercially astute and pragmatic advice from lawyers who not only understand franchising, but who understand the intricacies of how franchising operates. In the UK we are affiliate members of the British Franchise Association (membership is limited to advisers that have demonstrated that they are experts in franchising) and we work closely with our specialist practice areas including corporate, finance, real estate/construction, employment, litigation and IP/IT.
Our team advise on:
- franchising structures and methods of establishment
- portfolio management - including brand strategy and management
- protecting and enforcing intellectual property rights
- commercial agreements, including commercial agency laws
- termination and buybacks or non-renewal of an agreement
- dispute resolution mechanisms and strategies
We make it our priority to understand our clients' business in the context of the industry in which they operate. We understand that disputes sometimes arise between a franchisor and its franchisees. Our aim is to assist franchisors limit the impact of disputes on the day-to-day operations of their franchise system by resolving disputes quickly and cost-effectively.