In recent years the aviation industry has seen a rapid growth in air travel, particularly in emerging markets. Such growth along with an increasing presence of low cost carriers and start up airlines has meant that airports are experiencing an increase in aircraft traffic, resulting in more security and capacity pressures and higher slot demand.
The airports team at Clyde & Co has considerable experience advising a wide range of participants in relation to a variety of airport transactions and developments. We advise operators, investors, funders, airport companies, civil aviation authorities, airlines, suppliers, franchisees and contractors in relation to a variety of matters including:
- Commercial contracts with airlines and suppliers to airports
- Construction matters including airport expansions and redevelopment.
- Corporate advice on financing acquisitions and disposals
- Major airport projects, whether conventionally procured or using a PPP structure
- Planning permissions
- Real estate matters such as airport lettings and leases and hangar rent reviews.
- Regulatory advice on issues such as slots, competition, environmental, handling, and airport terms and charges