Clyde & Co’s Trade & Commodities team has been named the best legal firm at the 2012 Commodity Business Awards held in London on 6 November.
These awards recognise organisations that have advanced commodity business expertise.
Clyde & Co commodity partner John Whittaker said: “This award recognises the strength and depth of our expertise in this sector. The commodity markets are, by their very nature, global but fragmented marketplaces which require a 'world view' of legal requirements and practices. A professional commodities team comprising over 40 lawyers in the UK combined with a global network of expertise across our 30 offices gives us a unique offering in this area.
“This has been a busy year for the team in which we have continued to invest in the development of our expertise with new partners in trade finance and commodity disputes and contentious and non-contentious hires in our international offices - in particular in our Asia Pacific teams in Singapore, Hong-Kong, Shanghai and Perth. We have also led the debate around the impact of international trade sanctions and are recognised as the go-to firm for sanctions advice (sanctions.clydeco.com)."
Other highlights for the team this year have included:
- Supporting our trading clients across the whole supply chain, providing advice on:
- Cross-jurisdictional commodity disputes in oil & gas, soft and hard commodities.
- The acquisition of key assets across the world
- Transport and logistics, with our pre-eminent shipping, aviation and road and rail teams advising clients from source to end user
- Negotiating bespoke trading and processing agreements
- All forms of commodity-related trade finance
- Publishing 'Current Trends in the Value Chain', the first in our series of reports on the commodity markets, focusing on the M&A trends across mining and metals and soft commodities. Our second report, 'Key Themes in the Oil and Gas Markets', will be issued at the end of November 2012. To request a copy of 'Current Trends in the Value Chain' or 'Key Themes in the Oil and Gas Markets' please email firstname.lastname@example.org.