Daren S. McNally maintains a practice that is intensely focused on insurance coverage litigation and counseling, with an emphasis in complex insurance and reinsurance litigation, trials and arbitrations in both domestic and foreign arenas. As a broadly experienced insurance coverage practitioner, he represents insurers and reinsurers based in the United States, Europe and Bermuda in every aspect of insurance coverage in both the third-party liability and first-party property contexts. Daren represents domestic and foreign insurers in a wide variety of insurance-related matters, including general insurance coverage, excess liability claims, directors and officers liability, long-tail claims, such as asbestos, environmental and other toxic torts, construction defect, bad faith/extra-contractual claims, reinsurance matters, product liability, life and disability insurance, group health claims, and catastrophic loss.
Daren is the Managing Partner of the New Jersey office of Clyde & Co and is a member of the firm's U.S. Management Board.
Daren began his legal career in New York City with the law firm of O'Melveny & Myers LLP. He joined Connell Foley in 1995 before moving on to Clyde & Co US in 2010 where he works with in the Insurance Practice Group.
During his law school career, Daren served as the Articles Editor for the Rutgers Computer and Technology Law Journal. He also interned with the Honorable Leonard I. Garth of the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit.
Admitted to Practice
- State of New Jersey
- State of New York
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Northern District of New York
- William Paterson College (B.A., Political Science, 1988)
- Rutgers University School of Law (J.D., 1992)
- American Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Co-Author, "Insurer May Disclaim Coverage Years After Commencement of Underlying Litigation" in The Insurance Coverage Law Bulletin (July 2013)
- Co-Author, "Application of the Pollution Exclusion to Chinese Drywall Claims" in The Insurance Coverage Law Bulletin (February 2013)
- Co-Author, "NY Insurance Law Section 3420(d)" in The Insurance Coverage Law Bulletin (May 2012)
- Co-Author, "The Duty to Defend in New Jersey" in The Insurance Coverage Law Bulletin (June 2011)
- Co-Author, "Coverage For Spoliation Claims" in The Insurance Coverage Law Bulletin (July 2009)
- Daren S. McNally discusses "Insurance Coverage Issues in Construction Defect Claims" (2001)
- Johnson & Johnson v. Aetna Casualty and Surety Company, 285 N.J. Super. 575 (App. Div. 1995)
- Travelers Indemnity Co. v. Orange & Rockland Utilities, Inc., 73 A.D.3d 576, 905 N.Y.S.2d 11 (N.Y. App. Div.), motion for leave to appeal dismissed, 15 N.Y.3d 834, 935 N.E.2d 799, 909 N.Y.S.2d 8 (N.Y. 2010)
- National Football League and NFL Properties LLC v. Fireman’s Fund Insurance Co. et al., No. B245619, 2013 WL 2316543 (Cal. Ct. App. May 28, 2013)