He regularly advises trading companies and banks on security over goods, letters of credit, performance bonds, guarantees, letters of indemnity, sale contracts and carriage contracts. He also handles major disputes in both arbitration and the courts on banking, trade and international joint ventures.
Stephen acts as a technical consultant to EBRD on its Trade Facilitation Programme. He has significant experience of trade and investment with Mongolia and is a director of the Mongolian British Chamber of Commerce. He is a member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators.
Stephen lectures regularly on trade finance issues at conferences organised by National Committees of the International Chamber of Commerce, the International Energy Credit Association and other bodies. He is a member of the ICC UK Committee on Banking Technique and Practice and he represents the UK on the Legal Committee of the ICC Banking Commission.
- The Impact of Sanctions on Trade Finance – BCR Publishing, August 2013
- Contract Terms and Letters of Credit in Commodity Trades – Trade & Forfaiting Review, June 2013.
- The Legal Framework, Mongolia – Oxford Business Group, November 2012.
- Trade Facilitation Programme Workshops – EBRD Trade Exchange, November 2011.
- Mongolia, Open for Business – Trade & Forfaiting Review, October 2011.