Bob is a partner in the firm’s Corporate Insurance Industry Practice Group. He regularly represents U.S. and international insurance and reinsurance companies, commercial and investment banks, private equity and hedge funds, derivative and financial products companies, and producers and agents in connection with:
- financings and investments
- mergers, acquisitions, divestitures and other change of control transactions,
- securitization of insurance risk and insurance assets, including life settlements and monetizing annuities,
- BOLI/COLI programs,
- sureties and financial guaranties, self insured, captive programs and alternative risk transfer matters, and
- public and private capital markets and surplus raising transactions.
Bob also works with clients on insurance and reinsurance-based swaps and derivative transactions and insolvency matters. He is conversant in the state insurance regulatory aspects of transactions and has represented insurers, reinsurers, and producers in numerous regulatory matters, including the successful resolution of a number of multi-state market conduct investigations and warranty and service contract issues.
Bob has been honored by EuroMoney’s Institutional Investor, is listed as a World’s Leading Lawyer for Insurance and Transaction matters from 2002 to present, and has been named a Super Lawyer since 2007. He was an advisor to the drafting committee of the American Law Institute, National Conference of Commissioners of Uniform State Laws on Article 4A. Bob has also been a member of several advisory committees to the National Association of Insurance Commissioners.