The MGA Panel Discussion 2023 - Navigating a dynamic market
Wednesday, October 11, 2023
16.00 - 19.00BST
London, The St Botolph Building
Insurance & Reinsurance
Join us for an exclusive in-person event following the release of our MGA opinion report for 2023.
What to expect:
- Gain valuable insights from our distinguished panel, featuring:
- Rob Crossingham, Partner, Clyde & Co
- Paul Howard, Head of Coverholder and Alternative Distribution at AXA XL
- Michael Keating, CEO of the MGAA
- Will Morris, Strategy and Development Manager at Carbon Underwriting
- Sam White, Founder and Global CEO at Stella Insurance
- Dive deep into the implications of the current challenging economic landscape and its projected impact on the MGA market in the upcoming year.
- Seize the opportunity to ask questions to our panel members, connect with industry peers, and network over pizza and beer.
Space for this event is limited, so we recommend registering your interest promptly to secure your spot.
Meet our panellists
Paul Howard, Head of Coverholder and Alternative Distribution at AXA XL
Paul has 38 years’ experience in the Insurance & Risk Community in a variety of claims, underwriting and relationship management roles. Paul has also worked in risk management in both the public and private sectors in the UK and has been a past Chairman of the trade group, AIRMIC and the Education body, Institute of Risk Management. During this time, he has dealt with a broad spectrum of risk exposures including MGA’s, international global programmes and captive structures. This has developed a recognition of the importance of devising cost effective, practical solutions and building collaborative partnerships. At AXA XL Paul is responsible for leading the Coverholder & Alternative Distribution team.
Michael Keating, CEO of the MGAA
Michael has held Executive positions at AXA, Midas, UK General and most recently Insurtech start-up, Qlaims, before becoming Chief Executive Officer at the MGAA in September 2020. With over 40 years’ experience in the industry, Michael’s career has included time at Insurers, Brokers & MGAs in both the Commercial & Personal Lines markets.
Will Morris, Strategy and Development Manager at Carbon Underwriting
Will has spent 27 years in the London and International Markets, specializing in underwriting, business development, and senior management. Will also has extensive experience in the MGA space and until 2022 was the Director of Underwriting for DA business at HDI Global Specialty London.
Sam White, Founder and Global CEO at Stella Insurance
Sam White is the founder and CEO of Stella Insurance, a female-centric motor insurance business that’s unapologetically led by women and designed for women. You can follow her on LinkedIn, find her as a guest co-host on BBC Radio 4’s Toast, or tune into her podcast “Human Business with Sam White” where she candidly discusses the challenges of running a business.