Graeme is a member of Clyde & Co's Insurance, Financial and Professional Disputes practice group and is based in our Edinburgh office. With a background in commercial disputes, he deals with professional indemnity matters on behalf of insurers.
Graeme primarily acts in the defence of claims made against legal professionals. He is regularly involved in complex, sensitive and high value disputes in both the Court of Session and the Sheriff Courts.
Graeme also advises a variety of other professionals, including surveyors and IT professionals, and provides advice to insurers on policy coverage matters.
- Defending a high value claim against solicitors in the Court of Session. The claimant alleged that negligent advice was provided by the solicitors regarding the terms of a lease. The claim was successfully resolved through ADR.
- Acting in the defence of a claim which alleged that negligent litigation advice had been provided to the claimant in the course of a complex court action, where related claims were also being pursued against other legal professionals.
- Defending a 'loss of chance' claim against solicitors arising from complex land transactions which went awry.
- Acting for solicitors and their insurers in a Court of Session action which arose from the interaction between the terms of a will and the effects of an earlier property transfer.
- Acting in the defence of claims made by lenders against conveyancers alleging non-compliance with the terms of the Council of Mortgage Lenders' ("CML") Handbook.
- Defending a claim made against solicitors which stemmed from an alleged failure to correctly follow the rules of court.
- Assisting in the defence of a high value negligence claim arising from a major infrastructure project, where complex expert engineering evidence was required.