Investors in People are an external performance benchmark with a focus on achieving excellence in people management, and their standard continues to reflect those organisations that consistently outperform industry peers.
Since 1991 Investors in People has set the standard for better people management. With a community across 75 countries worldwide, successful accreditation against the Investors in People Standard is the sign of a great employer, an outperforming place to work and a clear commitment to sustainability.
Their core values include:
- People – the belief that an organisation's success is achieved through its people
- Excellence – upholding a high standard of business through everything they do
- Improvement – continuous improvement and learning to outperform
- Sustainability – understanding trends and drivers in economy to make long-term decisions
- Leadership – inspiring and motivating at every level of business to the benefit of all
The UK healthcare team achieved a silver standard of Investors in People in autumn 2016, awarded only to the top 5% of organisations assessed. The framework’s performance model provides a pathway to future progress and a journey of continuous improvement that we are proud to be a part of.
Organisations, such as Clyde & Co, that meet the world-recognised Investors in People Standard reflect the very best in people management excellence. Underpinning the standard is the framework organised around nine key indicators of high performance each with three themes: leading, supporting and improving.
To achieve accreditation, we were assessed against these themes and indicators, leading to our award level representing the performance achieved. The nine indicators are:
- Leading and Inspiring People
- Living the organisation’s values and behaviours
- Empowering and involving people
- Managing performance
- Recognising and rewarding high performance
- Structuring work
- Building capability
- Delivering continuous improvement
- Creating sustainable success
By undertaking this accreditation, it enabled us to review our people management, analyse the gaps and develop opportunities to drive employee engagement. Clyde & Co's healthcare team are now working towards greater development of staff, ensuring we maintain a thriving talent pool to harness our full potential working towards achieving our organisation's goals.
Furthermore, the healthcare team are now working towards our Lexcel accreditation, which is a Law Society quality standard for excellence in legal practice management and client care.