As the number of reported Covid-19 cases in the region increases and Middle East governments start to impose measures to contain the outbreak, businesses are naturally keen to understand the steps to take to protect its workforce and business. Partners Mark Blanksby and Rebecca Ford and Head of Knowledge Justine Reeves held a webinar to discuss the impact of the Coronavirus on business in the UAE.
Topics covered include:
- Reviewing your contracts and the points to look out for
- How a "force majeure" clause generally functions?
- UAE law aspects of contractual agreements – force majeure; extraneous events; oppressive performance and good faith
- Obligations of employers and employees
- What to do if it is suspected / confirmed that an employee has COVID-19?