Brett Carmody has a breadth of experience in insurance coverage matters, including commercial general liability, professional liability, D&O liability, data protection and marine policies. He has researched and analyzed coverage issues in various states, including California, Pennsylvania, Arkansas, Oregon, Washington, Georgia and New York.
Brett has worked on general litigation matters such as financial services/wrongful foreclosure, personal injury, professional malpractice and construction defect, and he uses that experience to inform his coverage practice.
While in law school, Brett externed for Magistrate Judge Kendall Newman of the US District Court for the Eastern District of California. He was also an intern for judges of the California Superior Court for Santa Clara County.
- US District Courts for the Northern, Eastern and Central Districts of California
- J.D., with Great Distinction, University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law, 2015
- B.A., High Honors, University of California, Santa Barbara, 2012
- American Bar Association
- Bar Association of San Francisco
- Contra Costa County Bar Association