Lamisse has 10 years’ experience advising clients on IP protection strategies and commercial transactions relating to all types of intangible assets, including copyrights, trade marks, patents, goodwill, know-how and data. Her experience includes drafting and negotiating contracts for the sale and purchase of IP, licensing, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, tenders and procurement, franchising, and distribution. Lamisse is also an expert in Saudi Arabia data protection laws and excels in advising on emerging technologies.
Lamisse regularly advises clients operating in the education, healthcare, hospitality, retail and consumer, and technology sectors.
Lamisse is a qualified lawyer in Saudi Arabia. She is a certified IP trainer by the World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO) and the Saudi Authority for Intellectual Property (SAIP).
Lamisse is fluent in Arabic and English.
- Advising a public film industry client on its project involving the production of 22 films, including drafting filmmaking contracts (such as financing, production, licensing, and acting agreements).
- Drafting unified contracts for government projects in the entertainment and cultural sector, including unified acting contracts and unified publishing contracts, as well as advising on their benchmarking studies and implementation strategies.
- Conducting IP audits and advising on IP strategies for numerous clients, including for cross-border toy manufacture projects, cultural art initiatives, and experiential design projects.
- Advising leading international technology companies on the impact of the Saudi Personal Data Protection Law and on other emerging technology regulation, including the Cloud Computing Regulatory Framework.
- Advising a client on the IP aspects pertaining to the transfer of know-how and technology licensing agreements in a cross-border joint venture pertaining to vertical farming factories.
- Advising multinational companies on their case positions in IP infringement claims (including patents, copyrights, industrial design, and trade marks), trade mark cancellations, and objections to registering trade marks.
- Advising various healthcare, and retail and consumer clients on drafting and reviewing distribution agreements.
- Advising a prominent Saudi Arabia artist on international publishing contracts pertaining to the publication of their book.
- Advising a leading vehicle manufacturer on the antitrust implications of certain provisions of their distribution agreement.