Based in Dubai since 2004, Mark advises main contractors, employers, subcontractors and suppliers in the construction, engineering and oil & gas sectors. He has advised clients in relation to many projects in the UAE, Kuwait, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain and Oman.
Mark has a Masters degree in construction law and arbitration. He has extensive experience of advising on contractual and commercial matters in relation to significant international projects, in the role of project counsel as works progress and in relation to dispute avoidance and dispute resolution.
- Advising a Hong Kong based main contractor in relation to extension of time and variation claims arising out of both a mall project and tower block project in Dubai
- Providing advice on a number of legal issues to the dredging and pipe laying contractor engaged on the Dolphin Energy Pipeline project between Qatar and Abu Dhabi
- Day to day advice to a construction joint venture in relation to issues arising from its contract to construct a monorail system on Palm Jumeirah
- Contract, strategic and claims advise to a Dutch engineering consortium in connection with the design and construction of a fertiliser plant in Qatar
- Representing a Japanese main contractor in relation to an ICC arbitration arising out of a subcontract for a hotel project in Djibouti and an UNCITRAL arbitration and subcontract dispute relating to a water transmission scheme in Abu Dhabi
- Representing a European contractor in the defence of claims relating to the Dubai Autodrome. Arbitration proceedings under the DIAC Rules, with the seat in Dubai