Patrick is an English qualified solicitor. He joined Clyde & Co in 2012.
He is an Associate with large experience in representing clients in the energy, insurance and reinsurance, and marine sectors.
His practice includes handling international litigation and arbitration matters, advising on corporate and regulatory issues and assisting clients with commercial questions.
Patrick also has experience with marine matters, acting for insurers/reinsurers and shipping and related interest.
He always works together with local correspondent counsel when dealing with Brazilian law advice.
- Acting for oil & gas client in major LCIA arbitration to defend claims arising from the declaration by the client that a long-term drilling contract was void and to put forward counterclaims in restitution reaching over USD380million;
- Representing oil & gas client in LCIA arbitration involving the rights and obligations in respect of clients' participation at and withdrawal from oil fields in India;
- Assisting a mining client in LMAA arbitration following force majeure events leading to the breach of provisions of a Contract of Affreightment;
- Assisting London Underwriters in English law questions following the collision between the insured vessel and a platform at the Campos Basin in Brazil, resulting in damages in the region of USD50million.
- Advising P&I Club on English law issues following major casualty in the North of Brazil, where the insured vessel carrying livestock cargo (cattle) capsized next to the pier at the Port, resulting in oil spill and interruption of the activities of the Port.
- Advising Underwriters on English law questions following following the explosion of the insured LPG carrier during loading operation in Northeast Brazil, resulting in major oil spill in the area and numerous claims made by fishermen affected by the incident totalling near USD300million.