Alex is a dynamic associate in the Nairobi office with a practice that includes M&A, private equity and venture capital transactions, joint venture arrangements, PPP projects, project financing and EPC contracting.
Alex is admitted as a Solicitor in England & Wales and joined the firm’s Global Projects & Construction team in London in 2016. He went on to spend time in the Dar es Salaam office, developing a general commercial practice in East Africa, before moving to Nairobi in 2021.
Within the firm, Alex is a member of the Climate Resilience Group, advising clients on business risks arising out of the climate crisis and has co-authored a practice note on Thomson Reuters’ Practical Law, identifying legal risks facing the construction industry. Alex is also an active member of GECCO, the firm’s gender equality committee.
Corporate & Commercial
- Advising Premier Solar Group in its joint venture with Starsight Energy for the expansion of its Commercial & Industrial Solar business in East Africa.
- Advising private equity firm Adenia Partners on its acquisition of East Africa’s leading life-sciences distributor in Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda.
- Advising a US investment firm on numerous asset acquisitions in the food processing and logistics sectors in Kenya and Tanzania.
- Advising shareholders in a Kenyan insurance company on the disposal of a majority stake to Moroccan conglomerate, Holmarcom.
Projects & Construction
- Leading negotiations between a Korean EPC Contractor and the Tanzania Ports Authority for the development of new port infrastructure in Tanzania.
- Advising the Federal Government of Somalia (through the Africa Legal Support Facility) on its concession agreement with Turkish contractor Albayrak Group for the rehabilitation and operation of Mogadishu Port.
- Advising a Government Road Authority on arbitration claims relating to the construction of a road in East Africa.
- Advising investors on the negotiation of EPCM contract documents for the delivery of an innovative waste-to-energy pyrolysis plant in the UK.
- Advising a leading French contractor on numerous tender submissions and contract negotiations for the development and management of road infrastructure in the UK.