Mostafa advises clients, and investment banks on initial public offerings (IPOs), bonds, sukuk issuances, securitisations, capital increases, public M&A, regulatory aspects and registration of investment funds and other corporate and capital markets transactions. He has worked with clients in the energy, financial services, healthcare, real estate, retail and consumer sectors.
Mostafa was previously with the Egyptian Financial Regulatory Authority (EFRA), which gave him an edge in the Egyptian market. During his tenure at the EFRA, he assisted in the preparation of the Stock Split Guide Book and the Treasury Stocks Guide Book. Among his achievements was modifying the Egyptian Stock Exchange's listing and preparing the corporate governance codes.
Mostafa has advised on capital markets transactions which involved multiple listings on the Egyptian Exchange (EGX), Nasdaq Dubai, and the London Stock Exchange (LSE). In addition, he has also advised on issuing offshore bonds for Egyptian-listed companies.
Mostafa is a member of the Egyptian Bar Association. He graduated with a Bachelor of Laws degree (LLB) from Cairo University in 2017, a Diploma in Investment & Finance from Ain Shams University in 2011, and a Bachelor in Accounting from Cairo University in 2005.
Mostafa is recognised in Chambers Global 2022 and is viewed as one of the most promising young lawyers in Egypt's capital markets. He is fluent in Arabic and English.
Equity capital markets
- Advising Edita Food Industries in connection with the listing and IPO of a portion of its shares in the secondary market on the Egyptian Exchange (EGX) and in the form of Global Depository Receipts (GDR) on the London Stock Exchange (LSE).
- Advising Domty in connection with the listing of a portion of its shares in the form of Global Depository Receipts (GDR) on the London Stock Exchange (LSE).
- Advising EFG Hermes on its financial advisory role to ADES Investments Holding Ltd , an offshore drilling company, regarding its listing on the Nasdaq Dubai and potential Global Depository Receipts (GDR). Named Equity Deal of the Year 2017 – IFLR Middle East Awards.
- Advising Banque du Caire, as issuer’s counsel, in connection with the potential listing of 20-30 per cent of its shares on the Egyptian Exchange (EGX) and 10 per cent of its shares as Global Depository Receipts (GDR) on the London Stock Exchange (LSE).
- Advising CI Capital, as underwriter's counsel, in connection with the potential listing of the shares of Engineering for the Petroleum & Process Industries (ENPPI) on the Egyptian Exchange (EGX) and Global Depository Receipts (GDR) on the London Stock Exchange (LSE).
Debt capital markets
- Advising Capital for Securitization and Bedaya Mortgage Finance Co. (Bedaya) on the EGP 843 million securitization issuance for Bedaya, the first tranche of what is expected to be a total of a four-tranche programme with a value of EGP 3 billion.
- Advising Arab Company for Projects and Urban Developments, a subsidiary of Talaat Moustafa Group (TMG), on the issuance of a sukuk programme with a value of EGP 2 billion with final maturity at the end of 2024. The arranger and advisor on this programme was EFG Hermes Promoting and Underwriting, an affiliate of EFG Hermes. Named Deal of the Year 2020 – IFN Awards.
- Advising Tanmeyah Micro Enterprise Services on the first issuance programme of short-term securitization bonds for a microfinance loan portfolio in Egypt. The total value of the securitization bond programme is EGP 3 billion in a programme of several tranches.
- Advising Pioneers Properties for Urban Development on the first issuance program of securitization bonds for a real estate portfolio in Egypt. The total value of the securitization bond program is EGP 3 billion within several tranches.
- Advising Golden Pyramids Plaza on the issuance of corporate bonds whose amount is up to USD 300 million within several tranches, together with offshore bonds amounting up to USD 750 million.
- Advising Nile Financial Leasing in connection with USD 50 million bond issuance in the Cayman Islands. The sole subscriber was El-Riyadh Capital Company.
- Advising Arabia Investments Holding, a company listed on the Egyptian Exchange, on the 98 per cent sale of Arabian International Contracting through a Debt-to-Equity Swap.
- Advising JAF Investment on its EGP 177 million 30 per cent dual acquisition (under execution) of Rawaj Consumer Finance and UE Finance in Egypt from Arabia Investments Holding (AIH), a company listed on the Egyptian Exchange.
- Advising the Sovereign Fund of Egypt in connection with the Public Investment Fund (PIF) of Saudi Arabia owned Saudi Egyptian Investment Company's (SEIC) USD 1.3 billion investment in four Egyptian Exchange (EGX) listed companies including Abu Qir Fertilizers and Chemicals Company (AFC), Misr Fertilizers Production Company (MOPCO), Alexandria Container & Cargo Handling, and E-Finance for Digital and Financial Investments SAE.
- Advising Gig-Egypt on the transaction to acquire 100 per cent of AIG Egypt through a mandatory tender offer.
- Advising BLOM Bank SAL in connection with the disposal of a 99.4 per cent stake held in the share capital of BLOM BANK Egypt to Arab Banking Corporation, through a mandatory tender offer. The deal was complex as it involved typical private SPA negotiations and also an MTO, the first in banking sector.
- Advising a consortium of financial investors led by Amethis and included SPE AIF I (SPE Capital Partners) and European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD), on the acquisition of a 95 per cent stake of GlobalCorp for Financial Services.
- Advising GlaxoSmithKline Services Unlimited (GSK Group) on the demerger of its consumer healthcare business to form global consumer healthcare company, Haleon Group. The transaction was valued at GBP 55 million (approximately USD 63.8 million).