Ranjith has advised on a number of corporate transactions, working with clients operating in the education, energy and natural resources, healthcare, infrastructure, and technology sectors.
Ranjith is admitted as a solicitor in England and Wales and as an advocate in India. He graduated with a Masters in Law and Finance from the University of Oxford, UK in 2019. Ranjith has consistently been recognised by Legal 500 EMEA as a recommended practitioner for Saudi Arabia Commercial, Corporate and M&A.
Prior to joining Clyde & Co, Ranjith spent over a decade working with leading law firms and in-house roles in India and the UAE.
Ranjith is fluent in English, Malayalam and Tamil.
- Advising a French multinational entity engaged in the industrial gas business on the divestment of its equity interests in subsidiaries in Saudi Arabia (along with its operations in UAE and Bahrain) and sale to a global leader in the industrial gases space.
- Advising a leading construction company in the Middle East on its capital increase to one of the world’s largest sovereign wealth funds.
- Advising a German entity in relation to the structuring and establishment of a JV entity which will operate one of the world’s first bespoke public vertical mobility system in one of the world’s largest greenfield giga projects in Saudi Arabia.
- Advising a Spanish multinational conglomerate in the infrastructure and renewable energy industry, on its acquisition of a majority controlling interest in a Middle East entity engaged in the infrastructure space.
- Advising an Italian company, a leader in the oil and gas industry, in relation to the structuring and establishment of a JV entity in Saudi Arabia with one of the largest industrial contractors in the Middle East.
- Advising multiple international and local clients on various Saudi Arabia legal and regulatory matters including the Companies Law, Foreign Investment Law, Corporate Governance matters, Competition Law, Regional Headquarters (RHQ) Programme regulations, Franchise Law, and Special Economic Zone(s) regulations.
- Advising multiple international and local clients on various commercial agreements in Saudi Arabia and the Middle East, including franchising, agency, consultancy, service, purchase and supply, sale and distribution, non-disclosure, and licensing agreements.
- Advising one of the world’s leading sovereign wealth funds in its structuring, negotiation, and investment of USD 1.39 billion in India’s largest commercial real estate developer.*
- Advising Asia's leading sustainable urban development providers in relation to the entire bidding process and setting-up of a capital city in India from ground zero.*
- Advising a leading global investment firm in its structuring, negotiation, and investment in the world’s largest budget hotel network.*
- Advising a leading UAE airline on its infusion of USD 379 million in one of India’s leading carriers.*
- Advising India’s largest beverage company in its USD 2.1 billion sale to one of the world’s largest beverage companies.*
- Advising India’s largest power company in the acquisition of the green energy portfolio of one of India’s biggest developers of solar energy for an amount of USD 1.4 billion.*
*Experience gained prior to joining Clyde & Co.