Gerald advises clients on a broad range of litigation and commercial matters with a particular focus on commercial disputes. He is trained in Corporate, real estate, aviation and Intellectual Property Law. Gerald has consulted for some of the leading banks, mining, oil and gas and companies in various commercial sector.
Prior to joining Clyde & Co Tanzania, Gerald had worked in the Court of Appeal of Tanzania, the highest court in hierarchy in Tanzania as well as in different Tanzania law firms. Gerald is admitted as an Advocate of the High Court in Tanzania.
Gerald's focus on commercial disputes is well supported by a wealth of experience acting for major airlines, banks, energy, insurers, mining and oil companies amongst others. Further complementing his experience in private practice, is his Court of Appeal of Tanzania's experience, giving him valuable insight into the legal and procedural issues that matter in the Tanzania Courts.
Gerald is currently a Partner at Clyde & Co Tanzania leading the litigation team.
• Advising and representing Tanzania Cigarettes Company (part of Japanese Tobacco International) in different disputes.
• Advising and representing US Peace Corps on criminal law and disputes in Tanzania.
• Advising and representing Bollore Africa Logistics in various commercial disputes in the courts of Tanzania.
• Representing Oryx Energies Company in various court proceedings.
• Advising and representing Emirates Airline in the Fair Competition Tribunal on a competition dispute.
• Representing Barclays Bank Tanzania in various cases in Tanzania courts.
• Advising and representing National Bank of Commerce in various court cases.
• Advising and Representing Qatar Airways in various disputes in Tanzania Courts.
• Advising and representing Nissan South Africa Pty in its franchise dispute in Tanzania.
• Providing regular legal advice and being the main point of contact of major commercial disputes and litigation in general to various companies including recovery claims.
• Undertaking registration of the foreign arbitration awards in Tanzania.
• Representing First National Bank in various disputes before Tanzania Courts.