Nathaniel is a Legal Director in Clyde & Co’s global projects and construction group.
He handles both contentious and transactional matters relating to construction and engineering projects in the UK and internationally, with a particular focus on international arbitration and complex dispute work.
Nathaniel is based in the London office having previously worked in the firm’s offices in the MEA and APAC regions, and often acts for international contractors in cross-border disputes resolved through arbitration or alternative dispute resolution (ADR) procedures.
He has extensive dispute resolution experience covering adjudication, litigation and international arbitration (including under ICC, UNCITRAL, and SIAC rules, amongst others) as well as a range of ADR procedures, including expert determination and mediation.
Nathaniel is recognised as a stand-out lawyer in the Thomson Reuters database of independently rated lawyers (formerly Acritas Stars).
He speaks Spanish and French and has a working knowledge of Portuguese and German.
- Representing Chinese contractor in a CIETAC arbitration seated in Beijing relating to disputes arising out of a project for the construction of a coal fired power plant in Indonesia
- Advising in connection with a project for the design and construction of an aircraft maintenance, repair, and overhaul facility at a London airport
- Acting for a UK contractor and its insurer against a specialist façade / external envelope consultant in connection with disputes relating to a large commercial development
- Advising a Spanish contractor in connection with disputes arising out of a number of EPC and O&M contracts relating to solar power installations in the UK
- Acting for a Spanish construction and engineering company in UNCITRAL arbitration proceedings seated in Singapore in connection with disputes arising out of a mining project in Western Australia
- Representing a developer in connection with several hotel projects in the UK including a new build hotel and apartment complex and the redevelopment and extension of two existing hotels
- UNCITRAL arbitration relating to disputes arising out of the construction of a coal-fired power plant in Indonesia
- Multiple SIAC arbitrations in connection with disputes arising out of a suite of design, construction and installation contracts for complex machinery installed at a mining project in Indonesia
- ICSID arbitration matter relating to disputes arising out of a project involving the design and construction of a new international airport terminal
- Representing a French contractor in ICC administered expert proceedings relating to a project for the design and construction of a new metro system in the Middle East
- Advising an international wealth management fund in relation to the acquisition of a high value partially completed residential dwelling outside London, and an extensive subsequent redevelopment project