Follow the Sun was the firm's global charity challenge day, which raised over £80,000 for 11 children's palliative care charities around the world.
On Friday 15 September Clyde & Co employees from 25 offices in 11 countries volunteered in a variety of physical activities, from triathlons to treks and table tennis.
Follow the Sun events were organised by local Clyde & Co offices and involved 850 employees and clients, kicking off at sunrise in Sydney and ending at sunset in San Francisco.
"I'd like to congratulate our people and clients around the world, who took part in our inaugural ‘Follow the Sun’ charity challenge, and have supported us with donations and their generosity " - Simon Konsta, Senior Partner
Events around the world
- San Francisco’s office competed in an evening bowling tournament in aid of Hospice by the Bay’s Paediatric Care Program.
- The New York and New Jersey staff, family, friends and clients teamed up for a walk/run on 23 September in aid of St Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital.
- Our Atlanta office organised a SuperBowl Bowl-a-thon event, to raise money for Live Like Bella Inc, which was supported by the Miami office.
- Offices in Long Beach and Los Angeles took part in a volunteer day for their local palliative care organisation Miller's Children's Hospital whom they fundraised for in the build up to the day.
- In Canada, the Follow the Sun journey was rounded up by Montreal’s walk, run and cycle in aid of Le Phare, and Toronto’s team hosted a ping pong tournament in support of Emily’s House.
- Clyde & Co’s Sydney office started the global event with a sports day challenge, in aid of New South Wales’ only children’s hospice, Bear Cottage.
- The Melbourne office battled it out in a table tennis tournament for Victoria hospice Very Special Kids.
- Employees from the Perth office volunteered and raised money for Ronald McDonald House.
- In Shanghai, employees took part in a Badminton Tournament raising money for children who were victims of the earthquake in Jiuzhaigou, Sichuan province.
- The Clyde & Co team in Hong Kong organised a Bowling Tournament in aid of the Children’s Cancer and Heart Foundations, Hong Kong.
- In Singapore, employees took part in a challenging treetop assault course for children’s hospice Star PALS.
- The Madrid office held a walk and run in aid of Hospital Medina.
- Staff across our UK offices plus the firm's Düsseldorf team joined up in Oxfordshire where 90 staff and clients embarked upon a 12 mile trek, or a 40 or 60 mile cycle across the countryside. All staff and clients fundraised for our UK charity partner, Together for Short Lives.
- In addition to the national event, the Manchester office organised a Dodgeball Tournament, the London office organised a Static Triathlon, the Glasgow team took part in a Glasgow Bridges walk, and the Aberdeen and Edinburgh offices organised a Sports Day.
- Clyde & Co’s Dubai staff and clients hosted an indoor cycling challenge. The event’s 90 participants raised funds in aid of the Al Jalila Foundation, which provides hospital care for children.