Daren McNally focuses his practice on insurance coverage disputes, including numerous litigations and arbitrations in both domestic and foreign courts and in arbitral arenas.
Daren has nearly 25 years of experience advising domestic, international and Bermuda insurers and reinsurers in every aspect of insurance coverage, particularly in the area of complex insurance coverage disputes involving asbestos and environmental pollution exposure and other long-tail claims; concussion cases involving major sports leagues; bodily and personal injury liability; and construction defect and property damage.
Daren has served as lead counsel in hundreds of disputes over the course of his career. Currently, Daren serves as coverage counsel for Bermuda insurers in numerous UK arbitrations, domestic insurers in asbestos bankruptcy matters, as well as insurance coverage litigations related to head-injury claims against the NFL, the NCAA, the NHL, MLS and the WWE.
Daren is a regular contributor to The Insurance Coverage Law Bulletin and other industry trade publications. He is recognized by Chambers USA as a leading insurance lawyer, where clients comment on his being "well respected for his representation of domestic and international clients in both a court setting and in arbitrations." Daren has also been nominated by peers as one of the world's leading practitioners in Insurance and Reinsurance in Who's Who Legal.
Daren is Managing Partner of the New Jersey office and is a member of the firm's US Management Board.
- New Jersey
- New York
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second and Third Circuits
- United States District Court for the Northern, Southern and Eastern Districts of New York and for the District of New Jersey
- J.D., Rutgers University Law School, 1992. Articles Editor of the Rutgers Computer and Technology Law Journal. Interned with the Honorable Leonard I. Garth of the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit.
- B.A., Political Science, William Paterson College, 1988
- Co-Author, "Late Notice Under 'Claims Made' Policy," in The Insurance Coverage Law Bulletin, May 2016
- Co-Author, "NJ Supreme Court Decision Defines the Parameters of Acceptable Precedent in Bad-Faith Claims: A Light in the Dark," in The Insurance Coverage Law Bulletin, November 2015
- Co-Author, "Rare NY Court of Appeals Reversal: Protection From Potentially Automatic Liability," in The Insurance Coverage Law Bulletin, October 2014
- Co-Author, "Insurer May Disclaim Coverage Years After Commencement of Underlying Litigation," in The Insurance Coverage Law Bulletin, July 2013
- Co-Author, "Application of the Pollution Exclusion to Chinese Drywall Claims," in The Insurance Coverage Law Bulletin, February 2013
- Co-Author, "NY Insurance Law Section 3420(d)," in The Insurance Coverage Law Bulletin, May 2012
- Co-Author, "The Duty to Defend in New Jersey," in The Insurance Coverage Law Bulletin, June 2011
- Co-Author, "Coverage for Spoliation Claims," in The Insurance Coverage Law Bulletin, July 2009