RenewableUK Legal & Commercial Conference 2021
Friday, November 19, 2021
09.00 - 18.00
London, The St Botolph Building
Energy & Natural Resources
We are delighted to be a partnering firm and the host of the first annual RenewableUK Legal & Commercial Conference, which will bring together legal professionals who advise on and execute legal strategy across the renewables sector.
Taking place the week after COP26, the renewable energy sector will be abuzz with ideas to implement the UK's net zero strategy and make the most of new opportunities. There has never been a more exciting time for renewable energy in the UK. The UK Government has enshrined ambitious targets into law, published the Energy White Paper with steps to deliver net zero, and the budget is being looked at to ensure that decarbonisation is not only an ideal, but an achievable goal within the next decades. What role will the law play in enabling all this, ensuring that the sector is able to take advantage of the opportunities and trends of the energy transition?
What will be covered?
- How to get from net zero aspirations to implementation in the year of COP26 and beyond
- Legal trends in enabling decarbonisation, decentralisation and digitalisation
- Developing risk allocations and investable and bankable deal structures for new technologies to attract private investment and finance
- The role of regulation in systemic change
- The effective management of entitlement and disputes in the supply chain
- Contracting principles and risk allocation
- Management of entitlement in the supply chain
- PPA trends and future-proofing
- Disputes and legal pitfalls
The first annual RenewableUK Legal & Commercial Conference will bring together legal professionals who advise and execute legal strategy across the renewables sector. Expert speakers from law firms and barristers chambers along with in-house commercial, procurement and legal experts will focus on the energy transition and the enabling legal trends and opportunities that will make it possible. Join us to enjoy:
- Panel sessions looking at topical areas for renewable energy
- A combination of higher level and detailed legal topics on all relevant renewable energy technologies and trends
- Access to expert legal professionals
- Networking opportunities with 100+ attendees
- Access to business-to-business meetings throughout the conference
- An event designed with clear business needs and objectives in mind
Who will you meet?
Renewable energy legal specialsts from law firms and chambers, commercial directors, procurement directors and in-house legal counsel from the renewable energy sector and relevant UK Government departments.