MingHao has advised and represented companies and individuals in international and domestic arbitrations, and in proceedings before all levels of the Singapore Court, related to issues on directors' duties, shareholder disputes and professional liability.
His practice also extends to construction and infrastructure disputes, where he has acted for developers, contractors, architects and engineers in disputes arising from projects and against counterparties from inter alia Qatar, Vietnam, USA, South Korea and Singapore, on issues arising from the construction and operation of power plants, factories, transportation systems, condominiums / residential properties and mixed property developments.
MingHao graduated from King's College London, and is an advocate and solicitor of the Supreme Court of Singapore.
- Acting for the Indonesian subsidiary of an American conglomerate in a BANI arbitration against a consortium of contractors led by an Indonesian state-owned enterprise in relation to disputes amounting to approximately US$85 million arising from the construction of certain onshore exploration and production facilities in an oil field in Indonesia.
- Acting for a Swiss multinational in an ICC arbitration involving a long- running complex financial fraud in Indonesia. The amount defrauded is estimated to be in the region of US$30 million.
- Acting for an Indian logistics service provider in multiple SIAC arbitrations in relation to various disputes arising from a failed joint venture with Japanese and Singapore logistics service providers. The estimated value of the disputes is 250 crore INR (~US$35 million).
- Acted for two subsidiaries of an American food production company in an SIAC arbitration against its Indian joint venture partner in relation to a US$13.6 million dispute arising from inter alia the transfer of certain food processing equipment.
- Acted for a Swiss commodities trading firm and award creditor (with an US$23 million ICC arbitration award) in the scheme of arrangement proposed by the Singaporean award debtor to restructure its debts in various jurisdictions ranging from British Virgin Islands, Brazil, Hong Kong and Singapore.