Amanda acts for a wide range of clients including owners, stakeholders and operators in relation to ship finance (including sale and leaseback) and other commercial shipping matters including LNG projects and floating oil and gas projects, charter parties (including long term LNG project time charters), shipbuilding contracts, ship sale and purchase, vessel registration and flagging, joint venture arrangements and wider corporate matters.
Amanda has a broad range of experience in the newbuild cruise sector and also has experience in sale and purchase of superyachts and has acted for both lenders and owners in superyacht financings.
Amanda is recommended in Chambers as an ‘Associate to Watch’ where it is said that “Amanda is an excellent technical solicitor and clients commend her ability to pick-up matters quickly and to identify commercial and legal issues and provide a practical solution. Amanda is well-respected and liked by colleagues and clients alike.”
- Advising an LNG carrier owner and operator in relation to the construction, acquisition of and charter arrangements for five ARC7 ice-class ships and in connection with the pre and post-delivery lease financing with an Asian leasing house including negotiating and advising on the novation of the shipbuilding contracts, the lease financing arrangements and related commercial and technical management agreements.
- Advising an LNG carrier owner and operator in relation to the long-term time charter of four ARC4 LNG vessels and the post-delivery lease financing.
- Advising a ship owner in relation to the long term time charter of up to two newbuild LNG vessels to a major European utility for the transport of LNG cargoes for up to 25 years.
- Acting for various operators and owners in connection with bid submissions in response to tenders for LNG projects, including reviewing and amending charterparties for LNG carriers and FSRUs.
- Acting for a leading cruise liner in relation to their shipbuilding and financing projects.
- Advising the owner in connection with the construction and pre and post-delivery financing of a fleet of four newbuild chemical tankers including negotiating and advising on the novation of the shipbuilding contracts, the lease financing arrangements and related commercial and technical management agreements.
- Advising a UK ship owner on the financing and refinancing of six vessels with a leading European ship finance bank.
- Acting for the seller for the sale of a fleet of twelve vessels.
- Acting for a UK based ship owner in connection with the purchase and financing of a fleet of seven vessels to be entered into a joint venture including involvement in the joint venture corporate structure.
- Acting for a private equity company in connection with its investment into a vessel owning company owning forty-two vessels.
- Acting for a major international bank in connection with the financing and refinancing of various superyachts.