Daren McNally focuses his practice on insurance coverage disputes, including numerous litigations and arbitrations in both domestic and foreign courts and in arbitral arenas. He has nearly 25 years of experience advising domestic, international and Bermuda insurers and reinsurers in every aspect of insurance coverage. Daren handles complex insurance coverage disputes involving asbestos and environmental pollution exposure and other long-tail claims, concussion cases involving major sports leagues, bodily and personal injury liability, and construction defect and property damage.
Daren has served as lead counsel in hundreds of disputes over the course of his career. Currently, Daren serves as coverage counsel for Bermuda insurers in numerous UK arbitrations, domestic insurers in asbestos bankruptcy matters. He also provides counsel for insurance coverage litigations related to head-injury claims against the NFL, NCAA, NHL, MLS and WWE.
Daren is a regular contributor to The Insurance Coverage Law Bulletin and other industry trade publications. He is recognized by Chambers USA as a leading insurance lawyer, where clients comment on his being "well respected for his representation of domestic and international clients in both a court setting and in arbitrations." Daren is recognized by Who's Who Legal in the category of "Insurance & Reinsurance" for 2020, nominated by his peers as one of the world's leading practitioners in insurance and reinsurance.
Daren is a founding partner of the New Jersey office, which opened in 2010. He is the New Jersey Office Managing Partner and a member of the firm's US Management Board.
- New Jersey
- New York
- US District Court for the District of New Jersey
- US Courts of Appeals for the Second and Third Circuits
- US District Courts for the Northern, Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- J.D., Rutgers University Law School, 1992. Articles Editor of the Rutgers Computer and Technology Law Journal. Interned with the Honorable Leonard I. Garth of the US Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit.
- B.A., Political Science, William Paterson College, 1988