On 31 March 2022, the UK Government announced 14 new Russian sanctions, targeted primarily at state-owned media organisations and Russian propagandists.
Those subject to the new sanctions will have their UK assets frozen and no UK citizen or company will be able to do business with them. Individuals subject to travel bans will also be prohibited from travelling to or from the UK.
The entities and individuals sanctioned are:
- TV-Novosti – the organisation that owns RT
- Rossiya Segodnya - a state-owned media group that also controls Sputnik, a Russian state-owned news agency
- Sergey Brilev – a presenter on stated-owned TV channel, Rossiya
- Aleksandr Zharov - CEO of Gazprom-Media and former Head of the Federal Service for Supervision of Communications, Information Technology and Mass Media (Roskomnadzor)
- Alexey Nikolov - Managing Director of RT
- Anton Anisimov - Editor-in-Chief of Sputnik
- Colonel-General Mikhail Mizintsev – Chief of the National Defence Management Centre of the Russian Federation
- Vladimir Ilich Maksimenko - Director at the Strategic Culture Foundation, an online journal registered in Russia
- Andrey Grigoryevich Areshev - Director at the Strategic Culture Foundation
- Irina Sergeyevna Bubnova - Social Media Editor at the Strategic Culture Foundation
- Anton Sergeyevich Bespalov - Social Media Editor at the Strategic Culture Foundation
- Sergei Ivanovich Saenko - Social Media Operations, Strategic Culture Foundation
- Natalya Petrovna Skorokhodova - Human Resources, Finance, Strategic Culture Foundation
- Svetlana Georgiyevna Zamlelova - Chief Editor, Journal Kamerton, a news outlet affiliated with the Strategic Culture Foundation
The full Financial Sanctions Notice can be found here .
Foreign Secretary announces sanctions on Putin’s propaganda - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)