Abdulaziz has strong pharmaceutical sector experience having spent time on secondment at two prominent global pharmaceutical companies. In addition, he has strong aviation sector experience having spent time on secondment with Saudi Airlines Corporation where he worked on various cross-border acquisitions and commercial agreements.
Prior to joining Clyde & Co, Abdulaziz was a legal advisor at the Governor Office of the Public Investment Fund (PIF), the sovereign wealth fund of Saudi Arabia.
- Assisted in establishing and licensing various companies in the pharmaceutical sector in Saudi Arabia.
- Advised global pharmaceutical companies on the changes occurring in the pharmaceutical industry, specifically, the updates in the regulations by the Saudi Food and Drug Authority, and the Ministry of Health.
- Advised an aircraft manufacturing company on its joint venture in Saudi Arabia.
- Advised and acted for a semi-governmental entity on the restructuring of its operations in Saudi Arabia (including advising on corporate governance matters).
- Assisted with global transactions including a multijurisdictional aircraft sale and purchase agreement.
- Reviewing sector specific agreements for Saudi Airlines Corporation (catering agreements, manufacturing agreements, service level agreements), assisted with the negotiation and closing of an SAR 12 billion agreement.
- Provided legal advice on an ad-hoc basis for a project related to SPV operations across the world (UK, US and China), legal structures of entities and custody agreements.
- Advised on various M&A transactions, and corporate restructuring of local entities.
- Advised international companies on proposed joint ventures with a semi government entities.
- Reviewed and drafted legal due diligence reports on proposed acquisitions.