Mohammed advises clients on matters involving infrastructure and construction disputes, shareholder and JV disputes, insurance and banking disputes, commercial agency and distributor disputes, commercial arbitration claims and court proceedings in Saudi Arabia. He also frequently advises on construction contracts for major projects relating to Saudi Government Tenders and Procurement Law.
He is a bilingual licenced lawyer in Saudi Arabia. He speaks both English and Arabic, and is able to negotiate and draft legal documents in both languages.
Mohammed previously worked as an in-house disputes lawyer for a leading Saudi insurer and a leading Saudi bank. He has a Bachelor of Laws degree from King Saud University in Riyadh and an LLM degree from the United States of America.
- Acting for a consortium of international and local contractors on the construction of the Riyadh Metro Project.
- Acting for a Korean contractor on the wrongful termination of a USD590 million EPC contract relating to an aluminium rolling plant in Saudi Arabia.
- Acting for a joint venture on a USD2 billion redevelopment project of an international airport in Saudi Arabia.
- Acting in an ICC arbitration seated in Dubai defending claims brought by an American designer against a joint venture.
- Acting for a Korean contractor in a Commercial Court proceeding brought by a Saudi subcontractor relating to a USD8 billion petrochemical complex in Rabigh, Saudi Arabia.
- Acting for a Turkish contractor on the USD2 billion construction of two railway stations in Saudi Arabia.
- Acting in a UNCITRAL arbitration seated in Jeddah brought by a Korean subcontractor relating to a USD1.5 billion power plant.
- Acting for an Italian contractor providing expert evidence for an ICC arbitration seated in Geneva regarding a joint venture dispute relating to a major construction project in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
- Acting for re/insurers on high-value claims under Trade Credit Policy in proceedings before the Insurance Disputes Committee.
- Acting for a Saudi contractor regarding extension of time and associated cost claims against the owner of a USD1.5 billion telecommunications complex in Riyadh.
- Acting in a Commercial Court proceeding in Dammam defending a vessel owner against claims arising from an oil rig accident.
- Acting for a major Korean contractor in a Banking Disputes Committee proceeding against a major Saudi bank in a USD100 million claim.
- Advising a Korean conglomerate on disputes with its Saudi partners relating to the financing of a USD400 million polysilicon plant in Jubail, Saudi Arabia.
- Advising and acting for multinational companies in shareholder disputes, employment disputes, insolvency and breach of contract claims, commercial agency, distribution and franchise disputes.