Thomas Ang is an Associate and member of Projects and Construction team at Clasis LLC since 2023.
Thomas has represented main contractors and subcontractors in international arbitrations under the SIAC, ICC as well as ad-hoc rules, at all levels of the Singapore Courts, adjudications under Singapore’s Building and Construction Security of Payment Act, and at mediations. Thomas also has experience representing and advising clients in other matters relating to shareholder disputes, directors’ duties, restructuring and insolvency and employment disputes.
Thomas has been an advocate and solicitor of the Supreme Court of Singapore since 2019.
- Acting for a joint venture of Korean and Italian contractors in dispute board proceedings under the FIDIC Suite of Contracts, against a Vietnamese state-owned entity, in respect of claims for extension of time and prolongation costs arising out of an infrastructure project in Vietnam.
- Acting for a Thai and Malaysian company in an ICC arbitration against a Japanese company in respect of claims arising out of an infrastructure project in Malaysia.
- Advising a Korean contractor on its dispute with a Malaysian subcontractor in respect of various variation claims and issues relating to suspension of works and termination arising out of a building project in Malaysia.
- Acted for a Korean contractor in multiple adjudications under the Building and Construction Industry Security of Payment Act.
- Acted for a Korean contractor in defending claims brought by various subsidiary proprietors for defects arising out of a condominium project in Singapore.
- Acted for a Singaporean employer in a SIAC arbitration against its architect for negligence arising out of a residential project in Singapore.
- Advised a Korean contractor on issues relating to extensions of time and variations arising out of a condominium project in Singapore.