Chloe is experienced in all forms of dispute resolution and has acted on a number of high profile construction disputes across Australia and internationally. This includes presenting global contractors in court proceedings, expert determinations and in both domestic and international arbitrations. Chloe has made and responded to many adjudications under Security of Payment legislation and has also dealt with appeals from, and enforcement of, adjudication determinations.
Chloe has extensive experience in drafting contracts for use on a range of construction projects in Australia and the wider Asia Pacific region. Her experience includes working with both standard form and bespoke construction contracts, and associated contract documents. She frequently undertakes legal and commercial reviews for high value projects across a range of sectors including rail, mining, transport and social infrastructure. Chloe also acts as project counsel and advises on contract administration.
Prior to joining Clyde & Co, Chloe held several legal and commercial roles working in the mining division of a global contractor, which included a project specific role based at a mine site in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. Chloe's experience in the industry allows her to understand our client's commercial needs and apply practical solutions.
- Perth Children’s Hospital - Acting for a global construction contractor on a number of multi-million dollar downstream disputes in relation to the Construction Contract Act 2004 (WA) with its subcontractors in respect to the Perth Children’s Hospital, including expert determination, acting in an arbitration and a number of interlocutory disputes in the Supreme Court of Western Australia
- Roy Hill Project - Acting for a global contractor on disputes arising out of the Roy Hill Project. The disputes involved a number of adjudications, injunctions, Supreme Court of Western Australia proceedings and an appeal to the Court of Appeal of the Supreme Court of Western Australia
- Elizabeth Quay Precinct - Advising a large construction contractor on the Elizabeth Quay project and acting on their behalf in litigation in the Supreme Court of Western Australia and ACICA fast track arbitration with various subcontractors
- Windfarm Project - Acting for a large construction contractor in defending Supreme Court of Western Australia proceedings brought by its supplier in relation to alleged non-payment of amounts due under a supply contract for a wind farm project, including bringing a counterclaim on behalf of the main contractor to recover costs of rectifying defective work
- Desalination Plant - Acting for a joint venture as the EPC contractor in potential disputes with subcontractors with the principal in respect to the design and construction of the desalination plant located in the Wonthaggi region in Victoria
- Mining Plant - Acting for a national contractor in relation to a security of payment application in the construction of a mining plant for a NSW coal mine.
- Intermodal Freight Project - Acting for a major contractor in relation to rail design and construction works and associated subcontracts for an AUD1 billion Intermodal Freight Project in New South Wales
- School Infrastructure Project - Providing contract administration advice to an architecture firm acting as Superintendent on a school infrastructure project
- Singapore Sewage System Project - Advising a global contractor on drafting a suite of contracts and preparing a pass-through in respect of a tunnelling package of a sewage system project in Singapore
- Mines in the Pilbara Region - Acting for a major contractor to review and provide advice on key risks and mitigation strategies in relation to a heads of agreement for infrastructure developments on various Pilbara mine site locations in Western Australia
- Rail Upgrade Project - Acting for a major contractor in drafting a project supply chain suite of documents for use on a rail upgrade project in South Australia. This also included preparing a contract administration workbook and providing the project team training
- Major Road Project - Acting for a joint venture in preparing a full supply chain suite for use on a major road transport project in Western Australia.