Darcy is a consultant who represents Clyde & Co in Yemen.
She advises clients on a broad range of non-contentious commercial matters including, the hand over of oil fields matters relating to LNG supply contracts and drilling contracts. She also assists in contentious matters in particular, arbitration.
Darcy has a wide experience working with in-house counsel teams with leading Aviation firms. Prior to joining Clyde & Co, Darcy was a senior associate at Beaumont & Son, a niche aviation practice which merged with Clyde & Co in 2004.
She is a guest lecturer at University of Leiden Institute of Air and Space law has presented numerous papers on space law and public access to space.
Darcy has dual nationality Canadian and British
- Leading the in country team, successfully representing the Yemen government in a multi-billion dollar ICC arbitration which was the largest quantum for an ICC arbitration at the time. ICC proceedings were issued against Yemen by a major American oil company. The dispute centered on issues arising out of Production Sharing Agreement.
- Successfully representing a European flag carrier in a multi-million dollar maintenance contract dispute. An ICC Arbitration that involved issues arising as a result of UN sanctions and involved matters arising from complex aircraft maintenance and technical support contracts.
- Representing the Yemen government in a multi million dollar successful negotiation for the return of Aden Port and coordinating the hand-back and return of the port steps.
- As General Counsel negotiated high value services contracts such as drilling, exploration and Marine contracts.
- Advising in areas of complex commercial litigation and International Chamber of Commerce arbitration, primarily with an aviation focus.
- Advising on the drafting and negotiation of commercial aircraft transactions and on aviation regulatory matters, advising the European Commission and IATA.
- Advising clients on matters relating to credit control, including debt recovery in the county court.