Emma advises on both contentious and non-contentious aspects of planning and environmental law having assisted in respect of applications for Development Consent Orders, public inquiries, appeals and judicial reviews. As well as pursuing and defending High Court claims and planning appeals, Emma often advises on complex strategic infrastructure development projects, including Nationally Significant Infrastructure Projects, covering a range of sectors including residential, industrial, marine, commercial, retail and leisure industries.
- Advising clients on a range of major infrastructure projects, including advice on the process and applications for Development Consent Orders for Nationally Significant Infrastructure Projects under the Planning Act 2008 and orders under the Transport and Works Act 1992. This includes acting on behalf of Associated British Ports in relation to the Lowestoft Flood Barrier TWAO, and acting on behalf of Oikos Storage Ltd in relation to the Oikos Marine and South Side Development.
- Advising on planning applications and appeals to assist with securing planning permission for various major residential and mixed-use developments, including advising Corinthian Land Ltd to promote circa 4,000 homes in South Canterbury and in respect of a proposal to restore a registered park, part of which would facilitate the creation of a world-class golf resort intended to host the Ryder Cup.
- Undertaking detailed legal review of documents (including Environmental Statements and Habitat Regulation Assessments) to support applications for planning permission and/or Development Consent Orders to protect against risk of Judicial Review.
- Drafting and negotiating various transactional documents, such as complex Section 106 Agreements, including for a major mixed use development for circa 2,000 homes, 0.6 hectares of employment use, education and health facilities and various ancillary infrastructure in Suffolk.
- Advising on enforcement matters and certificates of lawfulness in respect of residential, commercial and industrial sites.