Freddie has experience in defending claims against solicitors, barristers, accountants, actuaries, surveyors, and property professionals including estates agents and property managers. He also advises upon insurance coverage issues. Freddie also advises on coverage and defence strategies in relation to Directors’ and Officers’ insurance and regulatory investigations conducted by professional bodies.
Freddie has also completed secondments with two leading professional indemnity insurers.
- Defending law firms facing claims arising from failed investment schemes including “buyer funded” developments.
- Defending claims against conveyancing professionals in relation to ground rent clauses, stamp duty land tax liabilities, lease extensions and negotiations, ground rent clauses, conflicts of interest and reports on title
- Defending claims against barristers in the context of civil and criminal proceedings
- Successfully defended multiple claims at trial against a law firm for allegedly undersettling personal injury cases
- Successfully defended a claim brought by a former client against a solicitor for allegedly undersettling their matrimonial/divorce proceedings.
- Defending a specialist surveyor as to the defence of a complex Party Wall Act claim.
- Defending a property management company following a serious personal injury as a result of an accident in a residential development it managed.
- Defending a firm of actuaries against allegations of misconduct as well as a related negligence claim arising from Insolvency II calculations.
- Advising insurers on coverage issues such as notification and aggregation.