Orla Brady has litigated high-value and complex wrongful death and personal injury cases for almost 20 years in multiple state and federal courts throughout the country. She has extensive trial experience, most recently as a trial attorney for the US Department of Justice, Aviation, Space & Admiralty section. While at the DOJ, Orla also served on detail to the US Attorney’s Office in Washington, DC, where she tried multiple criminal trials to verdict. Orla began her litigation career as a plaintiff’s attorney in two preeminent aviation law firms. Her career includes a wide range of experience – in addition to aviation related work, she has litigated maritime cases, automobile accidents, a wide array of general tort claims, and breach of contract matters. Orla also advises domestic and foreign airlines on regulatory, enforcement, contract and litigation matters.
Orla is a former chair of the ABA TIPS Aviation and Space Law Committee (2015-2016) and current vice-chair and a long-time member of its planning committee.
- New York
- District of Columbia
- US District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- US District Court for the Western Districts of Arkansas
- US District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- US District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- US District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- US Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- LL.M., Trinity College (Dublin, Ireland). Editorial Board, Trinity College Law Review. Selection Committee, Journal of Post Graduate Research. Executive Board, Graduate Student Union. Vice President, Academic Affairs, European Law Student Association.
- J.D., cum laude, New England School of Law. Dean’s List. New England Scholar Award. CALI Excellence for the Future Award, Business Organizations. Honors Moot Court Competition, Semi-Finalists. Mock Trial Competition, Semi-Finalist.
- B.A., Northern Illinois University
- American Bar Association
- Tort Trial and Insurance Practice (TIPS), Aviation and Space Law Committee, Current Vice-Chair, former Chair (2015-2016)
- National Appellate Advocacy Competition, Volunteer Judge
- International Aviation Womens Association
- 2021 Annual Meeting Planning Committee
- VITAS Hospice Services, Volunteer
- National Advocacy Center – DOJ Training Facility, Faculty (2020)
- Moderator, “The Expert Witness: Managing Expectations,” Aviation Law and Insurance Symposium, January 2021
- Co-panelist, “Trial Tips from the Trenches,” American Bar Association TIPS Aviation and Space Law CLE, October 2019
- “Settling Up with Uncle Sam – Foreign Claims Act, Military Claims Act and the FTCA,” Aviation Law and Insurance Symposium, January 2018
- “Trends in Government Related Aviation Tort Litigation,” Aviation Law and Insurance Symposium, January 2016