Edward is an associate in the Energy, Marine and Natural Resources Group.
Edward handles litigation before the Commercial and Admiralty courts in London and before London arbitration tribunals. He also co-ordinates litigation in a number of other jurisdictions.
Edward acts for UK and International Underwriters on matters arising from loss and damage to cargo in transit.
- Defending a claim against Underwriters in the Commercial Court for General Average contribution arising out of the hijacking of a vessel in the Gulf of Aden with numerous interlocutory applications which settled following mediation.
- Advising London Underwriters on coverage issues arising from a multi-million US dollar cargo claim following a warehouse fire.
- Acting for Underwriters in an indemnity claim against successive carriers in the Commercial Court for damage to cargo arising from carriage by road.
- Acting for Underwriters in a claim against the colliding vessel for loss of cargo following a collision.
- Successfully defending a claim in the Commercial Court for General Average contribution.
- Acting for Underwriters in the Commercial Court for a claim against a major carrier for rectification of a term in the contract of carriage.