Thomas Carruthers represents clients in connection with insurance coverage disputes, toxic tort litigation and general commercial litigation. He was formerly a partner at O'Melveny & Myers in New York, where he worked for more than 20 years. Tom has extensive experience representing insurance companies in disputes concerning coverage, including those involving asbestos, environmental and other claims. He also has extensive experience representing clients other than insurance companies in various types of matters, including litigation involving asbestos and other toxic substances and complex commercial disputes. Tom has appeared in various state and federal courts and before dispute resolution organizations around the country.
- New York
- US District Courts for the Eastern, Northern and Southern Districts of New York
- J.D., Washington College of Law of American University. Member of American University Law Review.
- B.A., magna cum laude, Dickinson College
- Counsel for insurance companies involved in coverage litigation, including appeals, throughout the United States.
- Counsel for investment banks involved in evaluating toxic tort claims filed against target companies, both domestic and international.
- Counsel for site owner and developer in their defense of complex construction accident litigation.
- Counsel for insurance companies involved in major Wellington Agreement disputes.
- Counsel for manufacturers and contractors involved in asbestos personal injury actions.
- Counsel for an international electronic component's manufacturer in its defense of complex litigation in federal court.