Robert's practice covers conventional and Shari’ah compliant debt capital market, commodity finance, asset backed finance, asset based finance, trade, PDP aircraft finance, ship finance and real estate financings in the Middle East and internationally. Now based in London, he has lived and worked in the GCC for several years.
In addition, he has 'In-House' experience at a selection of conventional and Shari'ah compliant financial institutions.
- Millennium Private Equity on the first Sukuk financing for a UK corporate in the UK, using the Sukuk as a tool to implement a private equity investment in International Innovative Technologies, a manufacturer of industrial milling machines in north-east England.
- Advising a Middle East Real Estate developer in connection with the secured commodity murabaha facility to be extended by Dubai Islamic Bank P.J.S.C.
- Advising a leading hotel group on AED 900,000,000 facility and associated security in UAE.
- Advising Humania on USD 25,000,000 mezzanine Murabaha facility for development of a health center.
- Advising a public company on an AED 1,600,000,000 refinancing and related security arrangements for the development of a hotel, apartments, villas, and an office park.
- Advising Citigroup, Dubai Islamic Bank, Emirates NBD and Commercial Bank of Dubai on the ground breaking USD800 Million multi-sourced receivables based financing of the Salik toll road system.
- Acting for Al Salam Bank-Bahrain on the Shari'ah compliant mezzanine financing for the acquisition of Milton Gate in London.
- Tourism Development & Investment Company - Advising on the update of its USD5 Billion Sukuk programme.
- BNP Paribas (supported by BNP Paribas Najmah, its Islamic finance division) as mandated lead arranger of one of the first Export Credit Agency-covered Islamic financings in Jordan. Involving Finnvera and Euler Hermes, the ground-breaking USD120 Million package was designed to finance the Al Qatrana power project developed by Arabian Cement Company (a listed company in Saudi Arabia) and consisted of multiple bilateral facilities using several murabaha structures.
- Al Salam Bank-Bahrain on the structuring, within the UK Alternative Finance Investment Rules, of a Shari'ah compliant mezzanine facility for the re-financing for 5 Canada Square, Canary Wharf, London integrated within a senior, junior and mezzanine financing structure.
- USD40 Million Structured Equipment Import Financing Facility for Etisalat Benin with 80% of financing provided by Afrixembank