Addison Draper represents insurers in litigation matters at both the trial and appellate level, including coverage and bad faith litigation under directors and officers, professional liability and general liability policies. Addison also advises clients on complex coverage, claims-handling and compliance issues and assists in the evaluation of potential exposures.
- District of Columbia
- US District Court for the District of Maryland
- US District Court for the Northern and Middle Districts of Georgia
- US District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- US Court of Appeals for the Fifth, Sixth, Ninth and Eleventh Circuits
- J.D., Georgetown University Law Center, 2010. Represented low-income tenants in housing disputes through the DC Law Students in Court clinical program.
- B.A., magna cum laude, with distinction, Boston University, 2007. Phi Beta Kappa.
- State Bar of Georgia
- Maryland State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Professional Liability Underwriting Society
- Obtained appellate decision affirming summary judgment in favor of excess insurer based on plain language interpretation of policy’s exhaustion requirement.
- Represented excess insurer in multimillion dollar dispute over coverage for defense counsel fees and class settlement before the American Arbitration Association.
- Counseled professional liability insurer regarding coverage for suit brought against insured by federal agencies and the attorneys general of 49 states.
- Represented general liability insurer in bad faith litigation against insured following adverse appellate ruling.
- Assisted trade group in presenting industry views to state supreme courts and federal courts of appeals as amicus curiae.