This includes prosecuting and defending team moves, advising in relation to restrictive covenants, confidentiality and business protection matters defending high value discrimination and whistleblowing claims as well as executive engagement and termination.
Nick also has developed a speciality in outsourcing agreements and has significant expertise of corporate insurance transactions. As well as a number of Lloyd's syndicates his clients include United Technologies, Chubb, Allianz and G4S. He also has an active range of retail clients including Zara and Jigsaw.
Nick is a member of the Employment Lawyers Association and the International Bar Association.
- US$950m acquisition on behalf of Swiss Re of Zurich's casualty book.
- Numerous corporate insurance transactions including the acquisition of the Beaufort Agency for Munich Re, the US$145m formation of ICAT Syndicate 4242, the US$285m disposal of Continental Management Services to Tawa for CNA Re, the £160m acquisition of Hastings Direct motor insurance by Insurance Australia Group and £170m acquisition of Provident Insurance by GMAC.
- Advising Novartis Pharmaceuticals on its global IT outsourcing contract with IBM.
- £210m acquisition for Hachette Livre SA of the Hodder publishing business from WH Smith plc.
- Canopius on its contested £200m offer for Omega Insurance Holdings.
- Defence of a US$3m unlawful competition, breach of fiduciary duty and conspiracy claim involving a springboard injunction.
- Defence of an industrial espionage case spanning the UK, Germany, Italy and China involving serious allegations of theft of intellectual property by employees and conspiracy to defraud valued at £12m and involving orders for delivery up and IT forensics.
- Advising an insurer on the defence of a £4m bonus claim and counter-claims involving breach of fiduciary duties both in London and Singapore.
- Prosecuting and defending various team moves within the insurance sector.
- Successful defence of whistleblowing claims against FSA regulated bodies.
- Reported cases include Dudley Bower Building Services Ltd -v- Lowe & Ors  IRLR 260, Solectron Scotland Ltd -v- Roper & Ors  IRLR 4 and Crossley -v- Faithful & Gould Holdings Ltd  IRLR 377.
- Advising in relation to the enforcement of restrictive covenants and the unlawful removal and use of confidential information including the extensive use of IT forensics.