Rachel has advised clients operating across all sectors including education, financial services, infrastructure, retail and consumer, and technology.
Rachel graduated with a Bachelor of Laws degree (LLB) from the National University of Ireland, Galway in 2007.
Prior to joining Clyde & Co, she was a partner at William Fry LLP, one of the largest full-service law firms in Ireland.
Rachel is a member of the IBA Taxes Committee and regularly speaks on panels on international tax matters.
- Advising ADMO Lifestyle Holding Limited (ADMO) on their JV with Addmind, launching a new global lifestyle vertical Alpha-Mind. Alpha Mind is a UAE-based JV company that owns and manages a global portfolio of experiential lifestyle, food and beverage (F&B), and entertainment brands, created and developed by Addmind. Its portfolio currently comprises seven iconic names – CLAP, Bar Du Port, ONGAKU, Babylon, Sucre, Alma Bar, and Iris (including the Iris Beach House hotel brand). ADMO was established in 2022 as a JV between Alpha Dhabi Holding PJSC (ADX: ALPHADHABI) and Monterock International Limited.
- Advising one of the largest multinationals in the food industry on the cross-border restructuring of its global IP portfolio, management functions and trading operations to ensure it established a tax-efficient structure.
- Advising one of the largest private equity firms in the world on tax structuring and tax due diligence in connection with its acquisition of an infrastructure portfolio worth over EUR 2 billion.
- Advising on many of Ireland's most significant equity capital market transactions, including acting for Linde plc on its EUR 80 billion merger with Praxair, Inc.; Innocoll Holdings on its redomiciliation from Germany to Ireland and subsequent direct listing on the NASDAQ; the Irish Department of Finance on the IPO of Allied Irish Banks, plc; and institutions such as J.P. Morgan, RBC Capital Markets and Credit Suisse as bookrunners/underwriters on a range of primary, secondary and follow-on equity issuances.
- Advising a prominent UK private education company on tax matters associated with its presence in the UAE and Qatar.
- Advising Smurfit Kappa, a FTSE 100 company and one of the leading packaging companies in the world, on its EUR 1 billion green bond issuance.
- Advising Phoenix Group Holdings plc on the sale of Ark Life Assurance to Irish Life Group for EUR 230 million.
- Advising one of the largest financial services companies in the world on transfer pricing and mutual agreement procedure matters regarding double taxation arising from transfer pricing adjustments on insurance related services between group entities.
*Experience gained prior to joining Clyde & Co