Robert (Bob) Fisher is currently the Managing Partner of the Atlanta office, a member of the US Management Board and head of the firm's US First-Party Coverage practice. His practice, for the better part of 30 years, has focused on complex insurance coverage counseling and disputes as well as subrogation recovery efforts.
Over the course of his legal career, he has handled claims arising out of energy and construction risks, first-party cyber loss, flood, building defects, asbestos removal, earthquake/earth movement, mechanical or product defect, hurricanes and other natural disasters. Many of the claims he has been retained on have involved high dollar value business interruption/time element losses which have arisen in connection with mature businesses, start-ups and construction projects—the latter leading to delay and total cost claims. He has defended numerous products liability lawsuits for both domestic and foreign corporations that are insureds of his and the firm's insurer clients. All of these matters have required that he litigate at the trial and appellate levels in both state and federal court but also, where contractually mandated and or appropriate, have involved appraisals and arbitrations.
The nature of Bob’s practice has required that he act not only as a strong advocate but an objective counselor for his clients. Thus, his experience and commitment to alternative dispute resolution including large scale high stakes mediations is both meaningful and substantial. Bob has practiced throughout the United States as well as Canada, the Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico and the Dominican Republic. He has also handled insurance coverage and subrogation matters, with the assistance of other firm offices, in Singapore, China, the United Kingdom and South Africa.
- J.D., Emory University, 1982. Member of the Order of Barristers and National Moot Court Team
- B.A., with honors, Political Science, Washington University (St. Louis) and University of Sussex (Falmer, UK), 1978
- Lead Counsel for a market of insurers in a coverage action in State Court in New Jersey arising out of the Non-Petra cyber attack in the Superior Court of New Jersey.
- Lead Counsel for market of insurers in a USD 400 million property claim arising out of Superstorm Sandy in the Superior Court of New Jersey.
- Lead Counsel in a USD 40 million lawsuit in Federal Court in West Virginia involving property damages, business interruption losses and allegations of bad faith allegations arising out of a fire at a steel manufacturing facility in West Virginia.
- Lead Counsel in arbitration for property insurer arising out of a theft of USD 13 million of electronics at a warehouse outside of Mexico City.
- Lead Counsel for property insurer in a USD 15 million recovery claim arising out of hot oil fire at paper manufacturing facility in Muskegon, Michigan.
- Lead Counsel in a property coverage suit in Miami, Florida involving a USD 12 million claim for mold remediation of a luxury high rise condominium in Miami, Florida.
- Lead Counsel in a USD 200 million dollar lawsuit in Federal Court in Ohio involving a furnace loss at a steel manufacturing facility located near Cincinnati, Ohio.
- Lead Counsel in a USD 60 million property coverage lawsuit and dispute in federal court in Orange County, California arising out of an asbestos abatement effort undertaken by The Irvine Company in Newport Beach, California.
- Lead Counsel in a USD 20 million lawsuit in Federal Court in San Juan, Puerto Rico involving property and business interruption losses arising out of the alleged contamination of pharmaceutical products at a pharmaceutical plant in Barcellonetta, Puerto Rico.
- Lead Counsel in a USD 1 billion dollar property insurance claim arising out of a fire at a carpet manufacturing facility in LaGrange, Georgia.