Chris is a Senior Associate in the professional and commercial disputes team. He has a wide range of experience including general commercial litigation, judicial review, tax and competition litigation and professional liability work acting for solicitors, pension trustees and administrators. Chris also has extensive experience of multi jurisdictional and cross border disputes involving issues of jurisdiction and conflict of laws and the strategic and tactical considerations where there is a choice of jurisdiction.
- Acting for solicitors in a high value cross border professional negligence claim.
- Acting for trustees and administrators of pension schemes in professional negligence claims including claims involving equalisation, drafting errors and rectification and class action claims by scheme members.
- Acting for pharmaceutical industry client in a high complex multi billion pound transfer pricing dispute with HMRC.
- Acting for the Interested Party in a Judicial Review and Reference to the European Court of Justice (TMT Post v HMRC)
- Acting for defendants in the successful defence of a claim for breach of statutory duties under telecoms regulations in several Caribbean jurisdictions (Digicel v Cable & Wireless Communications)
- Acting for the intervener in an appeal before the Competition Appeal Tribunal against a finding of abuse of a dominant position and advising on possible follow on claims against the abuser.
- Acting for the defendant in a claim by one of its licensees for abuse of a dominant position.