Renée's background in the insurance industry assists her to see things from her clients’ point of view and anticipate their needs. Her strengths lie in her ability to negotiate the best outcome for her clients and provide them with clear, concise and commercial advice.
Renée is a Panel Tribunal Member of the Architects Registration Board Tribunal, where she hears and determines complaints against Architects.
Renée advises insurer clients on complex indemnity issues and coverage disputes. She is also highly experienced in complex multi-party and large scale contentious matters.
Renée acts in defence of claims against various professionals including Australian financial licence holders, financial advisers, accountants, tax agents, lawyers, building surveyors, draftsmen and engineers.
- Providing coverage advice to excess layer insurers on notifications and claims made by large banks arising from the Banking Royal Commission.
- Providing coverage advice to insurers in respect of large-scale securities class actions and contentious claims.
- Acting for financial services providers in claims brought in the Courts involving allegations of negligent advice and contraventions of the Corporations Act and the ASIC Act.
- Acting for AFS licensees and authorised representatives in disputes lodged with the Australian Financial Services Authority (AFCA).
- Defending various professionals in un-litigated professional indemnity claims, assisting the professional and their professional indemnity insurer to achieve a suitable early resolution of the claim.
- Defending various professionals in litigated professional indemnity claims. For example, acting in defence of a tax accountant in a Supreme Court proceeding involving technical taxation points and complex allegations and legal argument, including statute of limitations and apportionment arguments.
- Defending insureds in damages claims brought by injured workers and claims brought by the Victorian Workcover Authority seeking recovery of statutory compensation paid to injured workers.
- Acting in property damage claims brought in the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT) pursuant to the Water Act 1989.
- Defending building defect claims brought in VCAT against various construction professionals.
- Hearing disputes against Architects as a Tribunal Member of the Architects Registration Board Tribunal of Victoria.