Edward has represented clients in arbitrations governed by the LCIA, ICC, ICSID and UNCITRAL Rules. He has also acted in litigation in the English High Court and Court of Appeal and in mediations and has advised on court proceedings in a variety of foreign jurisdictions.
Edward is a Solicitor Advocate with rights of audience in civil proceedings in the Courts of England and Wales and experience of oral advocacy in arbitration. He was named a Rising Star in Commercial Arbitration in the 2020 Legal Media Expert Guides and a key lawyer in Clyde & Co's International Arbitration Group by Legal 500. He was previously Assistant Editor for Africa at Kluwer Arbitration Blog.
Edward is based in London, having previously worked in the firm's offices in Hong Kong and Beijing. He speaks French and Spanish and has a working knowledge of Arabic and Portuguese.
- UNCITRAL arbitration and related court proceedings between an African state-owned entity and an international mining company.
- ICC arbitration involving an East African state concerning an onshore oil and gas project.
- ICSID arbitration relating to a West African offshore oil and gas project.
- ICC arbitration between Chinese contractors and a Bangladeshi sub-contractor in respect of the termination of a Bangladeshi law governed FIDIC sub-contract for the construction of a water treatment plant.
- Dispute between a Chinese construction company and an Eastern European state-owned entity concerning a road development project.
- LCIA arbitration between a Brazilian contractor and a Caribbean state-owned entity about a highway development project.
- LCIA arbitration concerning strikes and riots on the construction site of a hydroelectric power plant in Brazil.
- LCIA arbitration and proceedings in the Zambian Court and the English High Court and Court of Appeal between the Zambian subsidiary of a Brazilian mining contractor and an international mining company.
- Internal investigation of a construction company and related multilateral development bank sanctions proceedings.
- English Court proceedings involving claims against former directors of an oil and gas company operating in Central Asia.
- Indian Court proceedings in respect of the collapse of a hydroelectric dam.
- South African and Spanish Court proceedings relating to the failure of heat exchangers in a solar power plant.
- Spanish Court proceedings concerning the failure of solar power plant turbine blades.
- French Court proceedings about the contamination of industrial chemicals.
- Kuwaiti First Instance, Court of Appeal and Supreme Court proceedings concerning a warehouse fire.
- Qatari Court proceedings in respect of the failure of a motorway.
- Saudi Court proceedings in relation to a construction project and advice on investment treaty rights.