Liam is a Legal Director in the Insurance Financial & Professional Disputes group at Clyde & Co LLP. Having qualified in 2011, he actively practices in both Ireland and England & Wales.
He advises on commercial contract litigation, regulatory investigations, cyber breaches, financial services litigation, warranty issues, intellectual property, professional negligence, product liability, and construction disputes for private sector corporations, banks and London market insurers. He advises on non-contentious contract matters and on a wide variety of policy wordings for global (re) insurers.
Additionally, Liam has wider general commercial experience, including advising companies in relation to risk procedures, company law, contract, tort matters and dealing with regulatory bodies. Liam previously served as an elected council member of the Dublin Solicitors Bar Association.
- Advising on Irish law aircraft lessor hull/war political risks coverage and EU sanctions compliance in the context of the February 2022 Russian invasion of Ukraine and on aircraft leasing agreements
- Defence representation for the Central Bank Authority of Ireland (circa value EUR 2.88 Billion) regarding financial/securities litigation arising from contracts for difference and on EU Market Abuse Regulations
- Acted in a wide variety of breach of contract matters including shareholder disputes and professional negligence cases involving top 4 accountancy firms, pilots, engineers, architects, developers, regulators, energy providers and medical professionals
- Managed the defence of Commercial Court proceedings on behalf of a global aviation company for large sums sought arising from alleged pilot negligence upon explosion of a large aircraft
- Advised on cross-border litigation for an international software corporation regarding an Irish/Taiwan software dispute on royalty payments involving an End User Agreement Licence
- Defence representation for a wealth management firm accused by the UK FCA of mis-selling pension opt-outs to 492 occupational pension holders, involving large sums
- Acted as panel breach coach counsel on corporate cyber breaches including GDPR & data protection services
- Defence of product liability claims for international manufacturers
- Provided coverage advices on a wide variety of policy wordings including property losses and business interruption losses arising from Covid-19
- Plaintiff representation (subrogated) in a number of negligence cases involving construction disputes, as well as advising on latent defects cases with Grenfell Tower undertones
- Represented London market insurers in a Commercial Court contract dispute in respect of a subjectivity provision
- Defence of High Court defamation proceedings on behalf of a global business
- Acted for a wide range of parties in commercial arbitration subject to a range of arbitral terms
- Acting for several internal clients in high profile and complex disputes in the Irish aviation and energy/renewables sectors