Mark's experience includes acting for both institutional and private clients including developers, investors, retailers and landlords. He has experience acting for developers and for parties selling land for development, whether by way of conditional contract, option agreement, joint venture or promotion agreement.
He has dealt with the development, management and disposal of investment properties and a broad range of landlord and tenant matters.
- Advising a Local Authority on an investment purchase of three multi-let commercial buildings comprising 545,000 square feet of office space and subsequent asset management work.
- Advising on the acquisition by a developer of a major west London mixed use regeneration site. This involved advising on the acquisition, obtaining vacant possession from existing occupiers and the funding element of the acquisition.
- Advising a developer on matters relating to a major town centre mixed use redevelopment project including site assembly and acquisition (including the use of a CPO to acquire some parts of the development), restrictive covenants, boundary ownership issues, obtaining vacant possession and, following completion of the development, the asset management work relating to the commercial parts of the development.
- Acting for a developer in relation to a broad spectrum of matters arising from a major town centre regeneration mixed use development, including acquisition and site assembly, restructuring of leases to existing occupiers, through to letting retail elements of the scheme and preparing the site for sale of plots.
- Advising a UK professional services firm on their national office network, including the relocation of their central London headquarters which involved the assignment and partial surrender of an existing lease and a new lease.
- Advising a rapidly expanding national retail occupier on both new lettings and management issues relating to existing lettings.
- Acting for an investor landlord in relation to their mixed office and retail portfolio of properties including acquisitions, lettings and subsequent asset management work.