A multi-specialist partner in Clyde & Co's Middle East corporate practice, Abhi has successfully led numerous high-profile and complex mergers and acquisitions, restructurings, joint ventures and public private partnerships (including in business sectors relating to power, healthcare, retail and telecommunications).
Experienced on all aspects of acquisition structuring, deal negotiation and documentation, Abhi advises in relation to the full range of transnational acquisitions and other major corporate investment transactions. His clients include private equity entities, financial intermediaries, transnational corporations (both listed and unlisted), family offices and Governments.
Abhi is qualified to practice law in England, India and Ontario (Canada).
- Advising noon on its AED 1.23 billion (USD 335.2 million) acquisition of Namshi from Emaar Malls.
- Representing and advising Global Fashion Group in connection with restructuring and sale of a majority interest in Namshi Trading for approximately USD 280 million.
- Representing and advising NMC Health plc in connection with their acquisition of Fakih IVF Group for approximately AED 696 million.
- Representing and advising a major UAE entity in the healthcare sector with listing in London in connection with its various acquisitions in the GCC region.
- Advising Neopharma LLC on and negotiating the Sell-Buy agreement between Neopharma LLC and a leading pharmaceutical healthcare company in respect of the packaging and distribution by Neopharma LLC of certain pharmaceutical products in the UAE.
- Representing and advising the operator of a major port in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia in connection with a concession agreement.
- Representing and advising significant clients with respect to the restructuring and divestment of their e-commerce business in the GCC region.
- Advising a prominent UAE Federal Government entity in connection with its acquisition of a money exchange business in the UAE, England and Hong Kong.
- Advising a private equity entity based in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia in connection with its structuring and investments exceeding USD 500 million in aggregate.
- Advising, negotiating and representing Planet Solar Energy SC in connection with its Power Purchase Agreement, Implementation Agreement and Submission Agreement for 25MW solar project in Sierra Leone.
- Negotiating and advising Planet Core in connection with its Vocational Education and Training Centre in Ghana.
- Representing and advising Core Energy in connection with its joint venture for a 100MW Solar project in Zimbabwe.
- Led the team advising noon on its AED 1.23 billion (USD 335.2 million) acquisition of Namshi from Emaar Malls.