Catherine is a Legal Director in our projects and construction group and has a wide range of experience advising on energy and infrastructure projects with a particular focus on structuring, drafting, and negotiating complex engineering projects and international PPPs. Catherine’s practice not only includes high profile UK projects, but she also has a strong record globally, including the Middle East and Africa.
Catherine acts for a wide range of project stakeholders, including sponsors, government entities, contractors, and funders across a variety of sectors, providing her with valuable insight into the legal and commercial drivers for all project participants, and a deep understanding of the risk profiles associated with EPC and other construction and engineering contracts.
- Advising a major contractor on their bid to be appointed as Utilities Partner as part of Sellafield Limited’s Infrastructure Delivery Partnership.
- Advising a contractor as part of their joint venture bid to be appointed EPC Contractor for the Net Zero Teesside Carbon Capture Usage & Storage Project.
- Advising a joint venture of three leading international contractors on the design and construction contract for the £1bn Silvertown tunnel project.
- Advising a cable contractor on the EPC contract (based on an amended FIDIC Silver Book) for a new interconnector power link between the UK and Germany.
- Preparing a bespoke suite of FIDIC-based construction and consultancy contracts for the development of a major luxury tourist destination in the Middle East.
- Advising an international contractor on the EPC contracts (based on an amended FIDIC Silver Book) for a number of open cycle gas power stations in the UK.
- Advising a German contractor on the negotiations for an EPC contract (based on an amended IChemE Red Book) for an energy from waste project in Doncaster, England.
- Advising an international contractor in relation to the EPC Contract (based on IChemE Red Book) for an energy from waste facility at the Protos Site, Ellesmere Port, UK.
- Advising an international contractor in relation to the EPC Contract (based on FIDIC Silver Book) for a new residual waste treatment facility as part of the Dundee and Angus Council Residual Waste Project in Scotland.
- Advising a market leading oil & gas contractor in relation to the standardisation of their construction contracts based on the FIDIC 2017 standard form contracts, including drafting schedules of amendments and guidance notes.
- Advising the Federal Government of Somalia and the African Legal Support Facility in relation to the renegotiation and drafting of the Mogadishu Port Concession Agreement.
- Advising the EPC contractor in relation to the EPC Contract for the Speyside Biomass Project, a biomass combined heat and power facility in Scotland.
- Advising the lenders in relation to the project financing of a 40MW solar power plant PPP project in Kenya, in particular advising on the EPC Contract.
- Advising a major international EPC contractor on their bid for the EPC Contract (based on FIDIC Silver) for a combined cycle gas fired power station in Ghana.