Marta's insurance and reinsurance work includes policy coverage advice, liability defence and subrogation claims.
Dual qualified lawyer (English and Spanish) specializing in Insurance and Reinsurance disputes with a focus on energy, construction and excess lines liability matters. Most of her experience relates to disputes arising out of Europe and Latin America (except Brazil) although she has experience in a wide variety of jurisdictions. She provides insurers and reinsurers with coverage analysis and represents them in mediation, arbitration and court proceedings if necessary.
- Advising reinsurers in respect of a PD and BI claim arising out of fire damage to an onshore wind turbine in Central America, and ancillary arbitral proceedings arising out of the OEM’s service obligations.
- Advising insurers in respect of a claim arising out of storm damage to a UK solar facility caused by defective framing units (successfully resolved at mediation), including the application of the series loss clause.
- Advising reinsurers in respect of a claim arising out of fire damage caused by a switchgear unit failure at an onshore wind facility in Portugal.
- Successfully pursuing subrogation (resolved in mediation) against the OEM of faulty equipment at a biogas facility in the UK.
- Advising insurers in respect of a liability claim arising out of the Port of Barcelona caused by the robbery of cargo containers within the premises of the Port. Successfully settled the claim. Subrogation proceedings followed against the 'gang' who allegedly commit the robbery.
- Advising insurers on a subrogation recovery against various subcontractors arising out of a bridge failure in a large UK project. Successfully settled.
- Advising reinsurers on a subrogation recovery following a fire in a large shopping Mall in Chile.
- Advising reinsurers on a complex coverage advice arising out of various claims in Costa Rica due to the action of the sea and structural defects in a port facility.
- Advising reinsurers on a subrogation claim against a Peruvian contractor arising out of a turbine failure in Peru.
- Advising insurers on a subrogation claim against an Ecuadorian contractor arising out of three turbine failures in Ecuador.
- Assisting in an investment treaty arbitration claim against a central American country.
- Advising reinsurers on a PD claim arising out of a turbine failure in Spain. The claim was successfully litigated in the Courts of Spain.