Scott has extensive experience in litigation, arbitration and adjudication proceedings, and has acted for project owners, head contractors, subcontractors and suppliers in large-scale and complex disputes arising from major mining, energy and infrastructure projects in Australia.
Scott also works with stakeholders in the construction and mining sectors to navigate the insolvency process. His experience has included providing advice in relation to insolvent or distressed counterparties and representing clients in proceedings regarding statutory demands and security interests.
- Acting for contractor in AUD 1+ billion dispute in respect of construction of power station for LNG facility
- Acting for contractor in AUD 10 million dispute with developer in relation to hotel redevelopment project
- Acting for contractor in AUD 300 million dispute with State Government in relation to construction of hospital
- Acting for contractor in a AUD 30+ million dispute relating to construction of loading facility for LNG project
- Acting for steel fabricator in dispute with contractor in relation to civil construction project
- Acting for owners in respect of a AUD 200+ million dispute with receivers (appointed by secured creditors of insolvent head contractors) regarding construction of power stations and mining infrastructure
- Acting for insolvency practitioners, companies, directors and shareholders in relation to creditor recoveries, claims relating to breaches of director duties, insolvent trading and voidable transactions.